You are here Portal
This message is only visible to administrators

Dev Notes:
  • The template this page is rendered from is export-landing-page.tpl.php
  • The executer of this template, and the script that pulled the information this template depends on, would weither be export-portal.tpl.php or ConsumeData-Export.govSiteRip.php
  • Note that ripExportDotGovPage() may pull content from, but only if the target-page has not already been cached into a file somewhere in sites/default/files/export-gov-content/~
  • By the time you are reading this message, the domain may already been shut down. By this/that point in time, we should have all pages in cached into this directory on the server (sites/default/files/export-gov-content/~).
The target page on has been cached/stored at public://export-gov-content/civilnuclear/
This is also the cache-file ripExportDotGovPage() depends on and will returned parsed information from.
Click here to edit this cache file (you can edit the content shown below by editing this cache file).

Part 810-refers to the process set forth in 10 Code of Federal Regulations Part 810. Under the authority of section 57.b of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954, as amended, and in accordance with established procedures, only the Secretary of Energy may authorize, through the Part 810 process, persons to engage, directly or indirectly, in the production of special nuclear material outside the United States. This provision applies to technology transfers and technical assistance to all activities of the nuclear fuel-cycle, including non-power reactors.

The first step in determining whether a company needs a license/authorization in order to engage in international civil nuclear trade is to consult with the appropriate U.S. Government agencies (listed below) prior to engaging in business overseas or with foreign nationals.

Sometimes the tender process does not require the transmission of business proprietary or export-controlled information, in which case a company does not need to seek a Part 810 authorization prior to bidding. The only way to be certain, however, is again to consult first with the appropriate U.S. Government agencies.

In some instances companies may seek a license/authorization before submitting a bid, so as not to run the risk of licensing issues arising after having already won a contract.

Lead Agency: Department of Energy

Jurisdiction: Nuclear technology and services (as information) related to the production of Special Nuclear Material

Advisory Agencies: Departments of Commerce, Defense, State, and the NRC

Click the 810 authorization letter link for instructions on writing the letter: 810 Authorization Letter.