The purpose of this Opportunity Page is as follows:
- Identify potential small businesses (searching NAICS codes) for use by the Census Bureau, its Program (requiring) offices and prime contractors.
- Conduct efficient and effective market research for requirements.
- Create awareness of the benefits of working with small businesses.
- Increase opportunities for contract and subcontract awards to small businesses.
- Share information via the Internet.
- Publish the annual 'Forecast of Contract Opportunities' which lists upcoming requirements.
- Establish partnerships with internal customers, and industry to obtain feedback, improve customer service, achieve goals and disseminate information.
The Small Business Specialist of the U.S. Census Bureau's Acquisition Division is responsible for being an advocate of minority, small, small disadvantaged, 8(a), HUBZone, veteran-owned, service disabled veteran-owned, and women-owned small businesses and ensure that the small businesses are being provided fair opportunities within the federal government. The Small Business Specialist serves as a liaison between the small business community and the Census Bureau's Acquisition Division.
For a list of Small Business Opportunities, you can COUNT on the Census Bureau!