Founded in 2008, DIMDEX is the only specialized maritime defense exhibition in the Middle East bringing together companies representing the very latest technologies to meet the maritime security challenges of the 21st century and key decision-makers for those products. DIMDEX 2014 will be held March 25-27, 2014 at the Qatar National Convention Centre, Doha, Qatar. A biennial event, DIMDEX 2014 will be held under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Tamin Bin Hamad Al-Thani, and is supported by the Qatar Armed Forces and hosted by the Qatar Emiri Naval Forces along with a strong commitment from neighboring countries' naval defense forces. Concurrent with the Exhibition will be a series of Conferences and presentation programs:
• Middle East Commanders Conference: High-level plenary sessions focused on operational strategy and developing future naval forces;
• Capability Theater Sessions: Addressing key areas including littoral protection, C4ISR, naval aviation, and unmanned systems;
• Naval Support Sessions: Addressing training and simulation, logistics and support, through-life capability and naval MRO.
DIMDEX 2014 is expected to see significant growth with more than 200 exhibitors compared to 160 exhibitors at DIMDEX 2012 and an increase in delegations and trade visitors over that seen in 2012 -- 79 military delegations from 54 countries and over 9000 trade visitors.
The U.S. Pavilion at DIMDEX 2014 will be organized by Clarion Defense with the full support of the Navy League of the United States and the U.S. Commercial Service. U.S. Commercial Service staff will be at DIMDEX 2014 to assist U.S. exhibitors.
Participating in the U.S. Pavilion at DIMDEX 2014 will provide an excellent opportunity for U.S. companies to take advantage of current and future procurements for all naval defense requirements and protection of critical off shore infrastructure throughout the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region. U.S. companies will be able to access a wide spectrum of current and prospective customers with DIMDEX 2014's new exhibitor categories which include Unmanned Systems, Naval and Maritime Aviation, Training and Simulation, and Critical Infrastructure Protection.
DIMDEX 2014 will feature surface, undersea and costal patrol aircraft and equipment, including the following:
• Airborne Systems
• Anti-Piracy Technologies
• Coastal defense systems
• Command & Control Systems
• Communication Systems
• Consultancy & Design
• Diving & Underwater Operations and Vehicles
• Logistics Management & Support Systems
• Maritime Domain Awareness Technology
• Maritime Patrol Aircraft
• Naval Aviation
• Navigation Systems
• Nuclear, Biological & Chemical Equipment (NBC)
• Offshore Patrol Vessels
• Port Security Technologies
• Propulsion, Transmission & Engine Room Systems & Equipment
• Research & Development
• SAR and Safety Equipment
• Shipbuilders (surface combatants, submarine, service & auxiliary vessels)
• Sonar & Radar Systems
• Strike & Assault Craft
• Technical Support
• Unmanned Systems
• Weapons & Combat Systems