The Small Socially-Disadvantaged Producer Grant (SSDPG) program provides grants of up to $200,000 to businesses that provide technical assistance training to small, socially-disadvantaged agricultural producers located in rural areas – areas with populations of 50,000 or less.
Cooperatives, groups of cooperatives, and cooperative development centers may apply for the SSDPG funding. Grant recipients must use SSDPG funding to provide the following technical assistance training to socially-disadvantaged agricultural producers:
• agricultural production and processing
• agricultural business development
• marketing research
• product or service improvement
• farm-based energy systems design
• food safety certification
• rangeland management
• cooperative membership
• financial capacity building
Visit this web site to find contact information for a Rural Development Office near you: http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/StateOfficeAddresses.html.