Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency Exporters
Webinar - Working with USTDA and Energy Sector Contracting Opportunities for U.S. Companies
February 25, 2013
Description: The U.S. Trade and Development Agency held a free webinar on contracting opportunities within the energy sector, including current and upcoming activities. The presentation slides and audio recording are now available online.
Webinar - China’s Smart Grid: Status of Standards Development and the Market
February 12, 2013
Description: The U.S. Trade and Development Agency held a free webinar that shared insight from three recent smart grid development projects by U.S. companies in China. The presentation and audio recording are now available online.
Webinar - Saudi Arabia's Electricity Market and Opportunities for Smart Grid Exporters
January 31, 2012
Description: Saudi Arabia offers abundant opportunities to U.S. companies that can provide the technologies and services necessary to meet growing electricity demand and contribute to the Saudi government's ambitious plans to improve energy efficiency. In coordination with the upcoming Clean Energy & Energy Efficiency Trade Mission to Saudi Arabia, the Department of Commerce invited U.S. companies in the electric power systems, smart grid, and energy efficiency industries to participate in a webinar on Saudi Arabia's electricity market and opportunities in the smart grid and energy efficiency sectors. The webinar featured a briefing by Middle East energy industry experts from Business Monitor International who presented on the business and regulatory environment for Saudi Arabia's electricity market. Participants also heard from industry and market experts from the Department of Commerce in Washington and the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh.
Webinar - Opportunities for U.S. Companies in Brazil's Energy Sector
November 10, 2011
Description: Brazil currently sources more than 86% of its power generation from renewable energy sources and has mandated an expansion of more than 14 GW of small hydro, wind and biomass by 2020. Brazil’s economy is growing quickly, with an expanding middle class, and its energy demand is following this same trajectory. This webinar, featuring experts from Rio, São Paulo, and Recife, was co-organized by the International Trade Administration and the Brazil-U.S. Business Council as part of the Market Development Cooperator Program project “Export Green: Brazil.”
- Download the full video (290MB)
Seminar - U.S. Government Resources for Exporters
September 22, 2011
Description: Hosted at the Renewable Energy Technology (RETECH) Conference and Expo in Washington, DC, each panelist presented information from their respective agencies about specific programs of interest to RE exporters.
- U.S. Commercial Service - Nyamusi K. Igambi, Deputy Team Leader –Renewable Energy & Energy Efficiency Global Energy Team
- U.S. Trade and Development Agency - Andrea M. Lupo, Assistant Director for Policy and Program
- Export-Import Bank of the United States - Craig O’Connor, Director Office of Renewable Energy & Environmental Exports
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation - Alison Germak Gatchev, Director, Corporate Development, Small & Medium Enterprise (SME) Finance
Webinar - Geothermal Opportunities in Indonesia: Targets for U.S. Exports and Investment
June 16, 2011
Description: Indonesia is estimated to have approximately 40% of the world's geothermal energy reserves. Over the last five years, Indonesia installed 400 MW of geothermal capacity bringing its total up to 1,179 MW. That level of growth in the amount of installed geothermal capacity is second only to the United States. By 2012, additional installed capacity of 1,030 MW is expected from the development of new geothermal power plants and expansion of several existing power plants. The Government of Indonesia has also set a target of 9,500 MW of installed geothermal capacity by 2025. U.S. companies have the expertise and technologies to help Indonesia meet this target.
- Click here to download the video recording of the June 16, 2011 webinar [WMV file, 25MB, no captions]
Webinar - Business Opportunities in Brazil: Trade Mission for Green Companies
May 18, 2011
Description: Co-organized by the International Trade Administration and the Brazil-U.S. Business Council as part of the Market Development Cooperator Program project “Export Green: Brazil.” This webinar outlined the demand for U.S. green technologies in the growing Brazilian market, identified market entry strategies and challenges, and provided information about how the Export Green Trade Mission.
- Download the full video (291MB)
- Click here to download the May 18, 2011 webinar presentations from the Export Green website.
Other Export Green presentation materials:
- Click here to download the August 10, 2011 webinar presentations from the webinar “Update: Green Buildings in Brazil.”
- Click here to download the September 22, 2011 presentations from the seminar “Doing Business in Brazil” at RETECH.
- Click here to download the November 16, 2011 presentations from the seminar “Opportunities for Georgia Green Companies in Brazil”