Skip to Content

You are here Portal
This message is only visible to administrators

Dev Notes:
  • The template this page is rendered from is export-landing-page.tpl.php
  • The executer of this template, and the script that pulled the information this template depends on, would weither be export-portal.tpl.php or ConsumeData-Export.govSiteRip.php
  • Note that ripExportDotGovPage() may pull content from, but only if the target-page has not already been cached into a file somewhere in sites/default/files/export-gov-content/~
  • By the time you are reading this message, the domain may already been shut down. By this/that point in time, we should have all pages in cached into this directory on the server (sites/default/files/export-gov-content/~).
The target page on has been cached/stored at sites/default/files/export-gov-content/regulation/
This is also the cache-file ripExportDotGovPage() depends on and will returned parsed information from.
Click here to edit this cache file (you can edit the content shown below by editing this cache file).

Foreign Standards and Certification Information

Information on U.S. and Foreign Standards

Member countries of the World Trade Organization (WTO) are required under the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT Agreement) to report to the WTO all proposed technical regulations that could affect trade with other Member countries.

Notify U.S. is a free, web-based e-mail subscription service that offers an opportunity to review and comment on proposed foreign technical regulations that can affect your access to international markets.

Agriculture-Specific Requirements and Certifications

Agricultural exports require a number of unique documents and certifications from both the U.S. and destination country. (Foreign Agricultural Service Regs, USDA)

European CE Marking Guidance

CE Marking and certification are required on most manufactured goods marketed in the European Union. Learn if your product requires a CE Marking and how to go about getting one.

China Compulsory Certification (CCC Mark)

CCC Marking and certification are required on many manufactured goods marketed in the China. Learn if your product requires a CCC Mark and how to go about getting one.

ISO Standards

The International Organization for Standardization (Organisation internationale de normalisation), widely known as ISO, is an international standard-setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations.

Packaging and Recycling Laws

Packaging and recycling laws in other countries have been growing in importance for U.S exporters and can affect their ability to sell abroad. Many countries have passed packaging and recycling laws. U.S. exporters need to ensure that their packaging materials are compliant with their importer’s domestic regulations.

Onerous or Discriminatory Certifications, Standards and Regulations

Where particularly onerous or discriminatory barriers are imposed by a foreign government, a U.S. company may be able to obtain help from the U.S. Government to press for their removal. In these cases, the firm should: