North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin
Before you begin to fill out the NAFTA Certificate of Origin form you should have the following information
- Determine when to use Certificate of Origin ( Form 434 )
- Have the exporter's tax identification number* and address
- Have the producer's tax identification number and address
- Have the importer's tax identification number and address
- Find your HS classification number
- Determine your preference criterion
* What is the Tax Identification Number?
- Canada: the employer number of importer/exporter assigned by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency;
- Mexico: the federal taxpayer’s registry number (RFC);
- United States: the employer’s identification number or Social Security Number.
With this information you can fill out the NAFTA Certificate of Origin.