Consolidated Screening List
Below is a link to a downloadable file that consolidates export screening lists of the Departments of Commerce, State and the Treasury into one spreadsheet as an aide to industry in conducting electronic screens of potential parties to regulated transactions. In the event that a company, entity or person on the list appears to match a party potentially involved in your export transaction, additional due diligence should be conducted before proceeding. There may be a strict export prohibition, requirement for seeking a license application, evaluation of the end-use or user to ensure it does not result in an activity prohibited by any U.S. export regulations, or other restriction.
Prior to taking any further actions, users are to consult the requirements of the specific list on which the company, entity or person is identified by reviewing the webpage of the agency responsible for such list. The links below will connect you to the specific webpage where additional information about how to use each specific list is contained. These links are also embedded into the file for each listed entity to direct you to the proper website for information about how to resolve the issue. Note that the column on the attached file, which is titled “Source List”, indicates which specific consolidated screening list is the source for each entry on the spreadsheet. Blank data fields in the file are not applicable to the consolidated screening list in the “Source List” column.
Department of Commerce – Bureau of Industry and Security
- Denied Persons List - Individuals and entities that have been denied export privileges. Any dealings with a party on this list that would violate the terms of its denial order are prohibited.
- Unverified List - End-users who BIS has been unable to verify in prior transactions. The presence of a party on this list in a transaction is a “Red Flag” that should be resolved before proceeding with the transaction.
- Entity List - Parties whose presence in a transaction can trigger a license requirement supplemental to those elsewhere in the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). The list specifies the license requirements and policy that apply to each listed party.
Department of State – Bureau of International Security and Non-proliferation
- Nonproliferation Sanctions - Parties that have been sanctioned under various statutes. The linked webpage is updated as appropriate, but the Federal Register is the only official and complete listing of nonproliferation sanctions determinations.
Department of State – Directorate of Defense Trade Controls
- AECA Debarred List – Entities and individuals prohibited from participating directly or indirectly in the export of defense articles, including technical data and defense services. Pursuant to the Arms Export Control Act (AECA) and the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), the AECA Debarred List includes persons convicted in court of violating or conspiring to violate the AECA and subject to “statutory debarment” or persons established to have violated the AECA in an administrative proceeding and subject to “administrative debarment.”
Department of the Treasury – Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Specially Designated Nationals List – Parties who may be prohibited from export transactions based on OFAC’s regulations. The EAR require a license for exports or reexports to any party in any entry on this list that contains any of the suffixes "SDGT", "SDT", "FTO", "IRAQ2" or "NPWMD".”
Downloadable Consolidated Screening List
Instructions for Use: The consolidated screening list is a list of parties for which the United States Government maintains restrictions on certain exports, reexports or transfers of items. If one of the agency lists noted above has been updated and this downloadable consolidated list file has not yet been updated, the date on the top row in these files will not match the date of last update on the appropriate agency website. If this occurs, the user must check the appropriate agency webpage for the most current party information. If a party to your transaction matches a party name on the consolidated list, the user must check the official publication of restricted parties in the Federal Register or the official lists of restricted parties maintained on the web sites of the Departments of Commerce, State and the Treasury to ensure full compliance with all of the terms and conditions of the restrictions placed on the parties on this list.
If you have any questions related to the content of the information in the consolidated list, please refer them to the appropriate agency responsible for the list as indicated in the “Source List” field.
The date listed at the bottom of this page does not always reflect the date of the posting of the most current consolidated screening list. For the date of the consolidated screening list, users should click on the file(s) and note the date in the top line of that file.