459 Maywood Avenue
Maywood, NJ 07607, United States
Registration Fee: if paid in Advanced $40 or if Register at the Door $50. Please print & bring your admission ticket(s) to the workshop & print your confirmation as receipt of payment.
This two-part workshop provides a framework to determine if your plans to go into business are realistic. While potential lenders, investors and other parties may be very interested in your business plan, you are the primary beneficiary. By drafting a business plan, you have the chance to critically determine whether or not your thoughts make business sense. With a plan, you can chart your progress and make adjustments to stay on course--or change course--depending on your level of performance at any given time.
The first session of this workshop will cover:
• Business description
• Market Analysis
• Marketing plan/sales strategy and how to attract and retain customers
• Strategic position and risk assessment
• Management and management support
The second session of this workshop will cover:
• Forecasting financials, including time series and other methods
• A forecast example regarding: projected revenue, variable costs, gross margin, overhead expenses, profit (loss), breakeven sales and sales units
• Types of income and expenditure
• Organizing resources to accomplish business objectives
• Plan vs. actual: periodically updating the plan and identifying adjustments that need to be made when plan and actual deviate
• Important financial statements for your business: income statement, cash flow statement, balance sheet
About the Presenter: Peter Loder, a SCOREBergen counselor, was a Senior Consultant at Computer Sciences Corporation for 13 years. He also served as the President of a software development company that created regional information systems to reduce overlap and duplication in the delivery of governmental services and as a professor specializing in business management, strategic planning and program development.